We fix people problems in the heavy equipment industry.
Isn’t that what most dealers and equipment manufacturers suffer from? It’s not the product or the technologies that you offer – everyone is offering a good, solid machine (sure, some are better than others) and a cool technology that helps customers do their jobs.
It’s really just people bumping into each other and doing crazy stuff that really confuses and frustrates everyone. I mean, how many acronyms to you really need to get through the day? How many emails do you need to be copied on to feel important?
At Iluma we cut through the BS and untangle the confusion. When something is complex (like expensive machines and complicated repairs) the answer is always to make the processes and communication simpler. Your customers are desperate for someone to just get real and fix their problems.
Having worked in the heavy equipment industry for 15 years as a consultant, focused on people management and leadership inside this industry, we find that getting into your organization and finding ways to get all the players on the same page, understanding the end goal, and making all the noise go away or at least the volume turned down on the frustrations, we can make real progress, find real meaning in our work and go home happier at the end of the day.
So at Iluma Learning, we are disrupting old ideas around what corporate training and consulting look like. We want to DEEP DIVE into a process where we start with you wherever you are and get you where you want to be.
We love to ask the BIG questions, like…
- What are we aiming for?
- What’s really important here?
- What is so stupid that we need to stop doing it…yesterday?
- What’s not being said that really needs to be said?
- What are people confused about?
- What’s causing the confusion?
- What does everyone know but no one is saying out loud?
- What is the main, simple idea that we want to get across to our customers and each other about what we do?
- What has to change in order to make us successful and reach our goal?
- What has to change now to stop us from going under?
We make all this corporate stuff too complicated and scary. Today, most people walking around your organization are probably confused but too embarrassed to ask for clarification. This continues until most people sitting in your meetings don’t have a clue what you are talking about when you throw out a bunch of acronyms and don’t give a context. Let’s stop pretending, dig down and get real.
The Iluma process gets your group to assess where you are, what your team knows to be true and then gives them an opportunity to connect, build trust and figure out the gaps. From there we meet in small teams and tackle those gaps – working together and independently, and all the while being coached, encouraged and held accountable – learning new ways to solve our own problems, get and stay engaged and grow into higher performing teams – who have created solutions to their own problems while practicing new skill sets and changing behavior.
We use Project management software, web, online and in-person teaching tools to move the process seamlessly and without time wasting that kills the enthusiasm.
Learning, growing and transforming – well, we think it can be fun, deep, meaningful and the only thing that really shifts your bottom line.
Some of the projects we are currently doing with your competition:
Contact us today
- A year long Dealership Leadership Development program where we coach and support the executive leadership to become an unified, highly effective team, improve their abilities to inspire and manage performance and get clear on the dealer’s top priority.
- An OEM 5 year Strategic Plan to get greater retail sales at dealers by figuring out the gaps in knowledge and gaps in the Parts counter preference for the OEM brand.
- A Train the Trainer for Subject Matter Experts: if you know how to repair a machine, you can learn how to succesfully teach someone how to repair a machine.
- Service Manager Leadership Institute – did you know that most Service Managers were promoted from their technician role – and 99% don’t have any management training moving into that role? It sucks to be alone and managing people who were your colleagues last month and now you have to be the heavy – it’s lonely at the top—but it doesn’t have to be. Our program gives Service Managers the tools, skills and awareness they need to bring balance to their role and their team resulting in improved performance across the board.
to get started